- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan,
- stirring constantly. Cook and stir over low heat for 3 minutes or
- until mixture is slightly thickened and a thermometer reaches
- 160° (do not boil). Remove from the heat. Cover and refrigerate
- for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine egg whites and remaining sugar
- over low heat. With a portable mixer, beat on low speed over low
- heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat. Beat on
- high until stiff peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture; gently fold in
- whipped cream.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Spoon a
- third of lemon mixture into pie shell; drizzle with half of
- chocolate mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining lemon mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 444 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.