- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups cold water, divided
- 1-1/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Crystal Light lemonade drink mix
- 3 to 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, drink mix, food coloring if desired, and salt; beat on high speed until blended. Place the cottage cheese and remaining water in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add milk mixture and gelatin; cover and process until thickened.
- Spoon into six 6-oz. custard cups. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Chiffon Dessert
Sort By :
"oops, wrong recipe!"
"Mine tasted good, though I added lemon extract. Also, I thought the directions were a little hard to understand concerning the ladyfingers. To me, "split" means to split them lengthwise. Not so, they mean cut them in half. That would have been easier!"
"I don't think the directions were very clear about mixing the dry ingredients. Why do you have to beat them? A whole step could be eliminated, by adding the wet ingredients to the dry ones in the blender. That is what I did. It tasted very sour(no sweetener in recipe). So I added Splenda to taste and it is much bett, but I don't think I would make it again. Liz"
"I made this but it did not turn out good at all. I ended up throwing it out. It was too hard. One gelatin packet would probably have been better."