- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups cold water, divided
- 1-1/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Crystal Light lemonade drink mix
- 3 to 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, drink mix, food coloring if desired, and salt; beat on high speed until blended. Place the cottage cheese and remaining water in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add milk mixture and gelatin; cover and process until thickened.
- Spoon into six 6-oz. custard cups. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Chiffon Dessert
Sort By :
oops, wrong recipe!
Mine tasted good, though I added lemon extract. Also, I thought the directions were a little hard to understand concerning the ladyfingers. To me, "split" means to split them lengthwise. Not so, they mean cut them in half. That would have been easier!
I don't think the directions were very clear about mixing the dry ingredients. Why do you have to beat them? A whole step could be eliminated, by adding the wet ingredients to the dry ones in the blender. That is what I did. It tasted very sour(no sweetener in recipe). So I added Splenda to taste and it is much bett, but I don't think I would make it again. Liz
I made this but it did not turn out good at all. I ended up throwing it out. It was too hard. One gelatin packet would probably have been better.