Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion, carrot and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and meat juices run clear, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and broth; stir in lemon juice, peel, salt and rice. Add to skillet Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add broccoli and parsley. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (without added salt) equals 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable; also 367 calories, 132 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 39 carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 9 gm fat.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.