- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion, carrot and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and meat juices run clear, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and broth; stir in lemon juice, peel, salt and rice. Add to skillet Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add broccoli and parsley. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
"This sounded so good, but it really needs some work. It is just not too flavorful. I doubled the lemon juice and zest, added more garlic, salt and pepper and still sort of bland. I added mushrooms which were good. My 6 year old liked it, but it definitely needs more seasoning."
"The first time I've seen my 3 and 2 year old eat Lemon chicken (and I've tried to get them to eat it before). Awesome, much better than my BHG recipe, and seems so easy and healthier. Love it! I'm glad I tried it, and the kids liked it so much. No flavor was too overwhelming. yuuuum."
"Would it be alright to freeze this dish? Am having surgery this week, so I want to be sure to have meals made ahead for my husband, so all he's gotta do is heat in microwave.Thank you for your reply."