Lemon Chicken with Rice Recipe
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/3 cups lemon pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- TOMATO PARSLEY RICE:
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the biscuit mix, seasoned salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides; drain. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, water, vinegar and soy sauce; pour over chicken.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. In a large saucepan, bring the water, bouillon and pepper to a boil. Stir in the rice, tomato and parsley. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 969 calories, 28g fat (6g saturated fat), 269mg cholesterol, 1850mg sodium, 109g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 2g fiber), 67g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Rice
"I made the rice dish with peas instead of tomatoes due to personal preferences. It was okay, but nothing special.I do not understand why there is so much soy sauce in this recipe. It destroyed any yellow/lemon colour for the dish. It was an icky brown colour that turned almost black in the oven. It still tasted good, thankfully, but wasn't eye-appealing.I used chicken breasts so the time was cut down significantly. Next time I will use less soy sauce to try and keep a better colour.The flavour on the chicken was very good."
"This was a great meal. I pre-mixed the sauce the night before so the flavors could have a chance to sit together. This cut the prep time & made the meal to die for!"
"I made just the chicken part, it was pretty good, although I don't know if I'd spend almost $3 for the lemon filling again."
"This was very tasty! And the rice was good to go with it. Adding it to our family monthly favorites list."