- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/3 cups lemon pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- TOMATO PARSLEY RICE:
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the biscuit mix, seasoned salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides; drain. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, water, vinegar and soy sauce; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, bouillon and pepper to a boil. Stir in the rice, tomato and parsley. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Rice
Sort By :
We really enjoyed the chicken. Our store didn't have lemon pie filling, so I substituted lemon curd instead. It was very good!!!
I made the rice dish with peas instead of tomatoes due to personal preferences. It was okay, but nothing special.
I do not understand why there is so much soy sauce in this recipe. It destroyed any yellow/lemon colour for the dish. It was an icky brown colour that turned almost black in the oven. It still tasted good, thankfully, but wasn't eye-appealing.
I used chicken breasts so the time was cut down significantly. Next time I will use less soy sauce to try and keep a better colour.
The flavour on the chicken was very good.
This was a great meal. I pre-mixed the sauce the night before so the flavors could have a chance to sit together. This cut the prep time & made the meal to die for!
I made just the chicken part, it was pretty good, although I don't know if I'd spend almost $3 for the lemon filling again.
This was excellent. I have some picky eaters and even they loved it. I will be making this one again and again.