Start the night right with this mouthwatering dish from our Test Kitchen! Lemon pie filling is the secret ingredient to the moist chicken’s full-flavored sauce.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/3 cups lemon pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- TOMATO PARSLEY RICE:
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the biscuit mix, seasoned salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides; drain. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, water, vinegar and soy sauce; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, bouillon and pepper to a boil. Stir in the rice, tomato and parsley. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken with Rice in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p6
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review