Lemon Chicken with Pasta Recipe
More Easy Main Dish Recipes »
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken in 4 teaspoons oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook onion in remaining oil over medium heat until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Drain pasta; toss with lemon sauce. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 428 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 starch, 2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.