More Easy Main Dish Recipes »
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken in 4 teaspoons oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook onion in remaining oil over medium heat until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta; toss with lemon sauce. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Pasta
"One of my favorites, simple flavors and the lemon is just right, not too overpowering. Definite comfort food."
"This was so good but I made the following changes. I used crushed crackers for the breadcrumbs (I was out of them) and also added onion powder to the coating. I doubled the recipe and used the juice of one lemon and extra chicken broth to make up for the liquid. Next time I would zest the lemon as well. I also made broccoli and added it to the dish. Also, I would reduce the amount of flour a bit, had to add extra broth to get the desired consistency."
"This recipe was not a favorite of mine. The lemon flavor was way to over powering for me. I will not be making this again."