More Easy Main Dish Recipes »
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken in 4 teaspoons oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook onion in remaining oil over medium heat until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta; toss with lemon sauce. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Pasta
Sort By :
"One of my favorites, simple flavors and the lemon is just right, not too overpowering. Definite comfort food."
"This was so good but I made the following changes. I used crushed crackers for the breadcrumbs (I was out of them) and also added onion powder to the coating. I doubled the recipe and used the juice of one lemon and extra chicken broth to make up for the liquid. Next time I would zest the lemon as well. I also made broccoli and added it to the dish. Also, I would reduce the amount of flour a bit, had to add extra broth to get the desired consistency."
"This is an excellent and quick dinner. I leave off the Parmesan - it doesn't need it."
"This is a favorite of the whole family. I love that it is so easy, healthy and loved by my picky eaters."
"This recipe was not a favorite of mine. The lemon flavor was way to over powering for me. I will not be making this again."