- 4 chicken leg quarters (3-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the lemon juice, honey, oil, garlic and oregano; spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Oregano
"This was very easy & very yummy! I was pleasantly surprised! I used chicken leg quarters and did not separate them. There is a hint of sweetness and a nice lemon flavor. Very juicy!"
"The chicken came out juicy enough but the flavor combination was very strange. I think it had to do with the oregano. Edible, but not very good."
"I made a few modifications to this recipe before I made it the first time. I used basil (1 1/2 teaspoons) instead of oregano, and I made the recipe with 4 chicken thighs (nopt leg quarters). i browned the chicken in a skillet. After removing the chicken to a baking dish, I added the combined sauce ingredients to the hot skillet and let it reduce a bit and carmelize the honey somewhat. Then I baked the whole thing at 350 for 30 minutes. I served it with fresh cooked Farfelle in an olive oil, lemon and basil sauce. Very delicious!!!"