Lemon Chicken with Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours. Add parsley and thyme; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Remove chicken to a serving plate and keep warm. Transfer juices to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken with 3 tablespoons gravy (calculated without rice) equals 195 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.