Chicken tenders are nicely seasoned with tantalizing lemon and thyme flavor in this recipe from Shona Germino of Casa Grande, Arizona. "I like to serve it with brown rice,” she says.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours. Add parsley and thyme; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken to a serving plate and keep warm. Transfer juices to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken with Gravy in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p7
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken with Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review