Lemon Chicken Tortellini Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, cook red pepper until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 2 cups broth; bring to a boil.
- 2. Combine the flour, salt, pepper and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, lemon peel and pepper sauce if desired. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 358 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 883 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.