Lemon Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add the chicken, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in the tomatoes, cilantro and remaining lemon juice. Spoon into tortillas; top with lettuce. Fold in half. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 474 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 994mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Tacos
"Very good and it was not overwhelmed with lemon."
"These were kind of bland, didn't have much lemon flavor. We didn't really like them very much."
"We really like this. It's very refreshing."
"This has a really good flavor. This will be something I make again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.