Lemon Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add the chicken, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in the tomatoes, cilantro and remaining lemon juice. Spoon into tortillas; top with lettuce. Fold in half. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tacos equals 371 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Tacos
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.