These tempting tacos are low in fat but full of zippy flavor. I often modify the recipe to our tastes by adding more tomato and green onion an a bit of cheddar cheese. It's a keeper!—Lisa Giegel of Spokane, Washington
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add the chicken, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the tomatoes, cilantro and remaining lemon juice. Spoon into tortillas; top with lettuce. Fold in half. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken Tacos in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review