Lemon Chicken Spread Recipe
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sandwich rolls or croissants
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a blender or food processor, cover and process chicken until minced. Transfer to a bowl; add the mushrooms, olives and parsley.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and peel, poultry seasoning and salt; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Spread about 1/2 cup on each roll; top with lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 597 calories, 36 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,335 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.