In Marshall, Illinois, Violet Beard puts a fresh face on chicken salad by adding lemon peel, green olives and mushrooms. There's just the right amount to make two satisfying sandwiches.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sandwich rolls or croissants
- Lettuce leaves
- In a blender or food processor, cover and process chicken until minced. Transfer to a bowl; add the mushrooms, olives and parsley.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and peel, poultry seasoning and salt; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Spread about 1/2 cup on each roll; top with lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken Spread in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review