"For years, I made Greek chicken soup from scratch," remarks Joan Fotopoulos of Turah, Montana. "My daughter created this super-simple version that she and her family can enjoy when time's short. Lemon juice gives it a bright, fresh flavor."
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine soups and water; cook until heated through. Add the chicken if desired. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p52
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review