- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine soups and water; cook until heated through. Add the chicken if desired. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Soup
"This soup is awesome! I add a cup of uncooked Minute Rice and use a can of cooked Chicken as a quick and easy fix. My family loves this recipe! I have been making it for 15 years! This is my daughter's favorite soup! She is 26 and still requests it if she is feeling the least bit under the weather and it always perks her up! :-)"
"FROM THE CAN REALLY?When I found this recipe I thought was all fresh ingredients. I was happy to try, however, when I saw can soup, was a Not For Me Recipe....Opening a can of cream of whatever soup is not healthy home made. Anyone can do that...Give me a break. I would go back to making your Greek Soup from scratch Joan....Post the recipe, sounds good, I would definitely try it."
"Very good but I recommend doubling because it disappears first. I use 1 cup of cooked rice and 1 can chicken broth instead of the water and chicken and rice soup. Otherwise, I make as listed and it is delicious!"
"It was kind of bland I added chicken seasoning. I also added extra rice it really needed it. Every one in my family liked it after I fixed it up."
"This was a quick and easy soup. I added a lot more than the required amount of lemon juice and thickened it. After I did this, the flavor was great! I will make this modified version again, but I will add more rice next time."