Says Margaret Wagner Allen of Abingdon, Virginia, "This easy-to-assemble recipe, with tender chunks of chicken and garden-fresh zucchini and cherry tomatoes, is always a hit when we have a party."
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-1/2-inch slices
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour the remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add the zucchini, onions and tomatoes. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate chicken and vegetables for up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken Skewers in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review