- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, red pepper and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, peas, salt, lemon peel, dill and pepper to pan. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Primavera
"Very good. I used 3/4 lb of chicken, 1 tsp. of canola, yellow, orange and red peppers, the juice of one lemon plus the zest, skim milk, omitted the parmesan and it was delicious. I will make this again."
"Also used lemon juice (1.5 TBSP) instead of lemon zest"
"Delicious and a good change of pace. I made a few alterations - olive oil instead of canola, a whole chopped red pepper, garlic powder instead of fresh, double the parmesan cheese, double the amount of pasta, and only 1/4 of the salt. Served with shredded Asiago."
"Loved it. I cut the chicken a little smaller. But that is all I changed Yummy!"
"This was a nice simple meal to cook. I made a ton of it. I added mushrooms. It was yummy!"
"We liked this a lot. We doubled the pasta, sauce and chicken so we'd have leftovers, but did not double the spice. It was very creamy and delicious."
"I really enjoyed the colors and taste of this dish. I doubled the sauce but not the spices and it was perfect for me."
"Tonight, I finally made this recipe. I used asparagus and carrots, instead of peas. My family LOVED it! This recipe is a keeper!"
"This was good, and easy to make. I didn't have lemon peel, and don't care to use any citrus peel, so I used 2 tsp of lemon juice. I'd say it would take more than 1 T to get an actual lemony flavor. I would cut down the peas to 1 cup or 1 1/2 cups. I'd also add mushrooms and onion as well. Just because I'm fond of them and think it would fit well."
"A great creamy pasta dish! I would definitely skip the peas next time though. The original recipe uses 2 cups - far too much for my taste."