Lemon Chicken Primavera Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, red pepper and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, peas, salt, lemon peel, dill and pepper to pan. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Primavera(12)
Sort By :
Also used lemon juice (1.5 TBSP) instead of lemon zest
Delicious and a good change of pace. I made a few alterations - olive oil instead of canola, a whole chopped red pepper, garlic powder instead of fresh, double the parmesan cheese, double the amount of pasta, and only 1/4 of the salt. Served with shredded Asiago.
Loved it. I cut the chicken a little smaller. But that is all I changed Yummy!
This was a nice simple meal to cook. I made a ton of it. I added mushrooms. It was yummy!
We liked this a lot. We doubled the pasta, sauce and chicken so we'd have leftovers, but did not double the spice. It was very creamy and delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >