Lemon Chicken Primavera Recipe
“This chicken dish makes a nice change of pace for my husband and me when our three boys stay with their grandparents.” Mary Linda King - Florence, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, red pepper and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Drain pasta. Add the pasta, peas, salt, lemon peel, dill and pepper to pan. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 405 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC