- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces uncooked capellini or angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup peeled and thinly sliced garlic cloves (about 12 cloves)
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat; add garlic. Cook and stir 30-60 seconds or until garlic is lightly browned. Add wine to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan, until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in lemon juice.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; place in a large bowl. Add cheese, 1/3 cup parsley, half of the garlic mixture, and remaining salt and pepper; toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Serve with chicken. Drizzle with remaining garlic mixture; sprinkle with remaining parsley. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken Pasta in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2016
"Easy but needed additional spices. I may try shrimp next time."
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2016
"Very easy to put together but I will try some different spices in it next time and more cheese!"