Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup broth, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, butter and rosemary; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- 2. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Serve chicken with rice and sauce. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 268 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.