- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, potatoes, onions and celery. Top with chicken.
- Combine the soup, water, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, pepper and salt; pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Breasts with Veggies
"Light sauce which i appreciated, but the chicken needs to be submerged in the sauce while cooking, and its a little plain. Good, but I would rather spend time trying new recipes instead of this one again."
"Great recipe. Next time I'll decrease the lemon just a bit."
"Very easy and you will have most of the ingredients on hand."
"good to cook"
"This was very good but will make a few changes next time. More lemon juice as the lemon flavor was practically non-existent and cut the thyme in half as that was overpowering. I used 4 big still partially frozen bone-in chicken breasts which were perfect for 4 adults and left the skin on. The meat was tender and juicy - absolutely perfect! As others stated the sauce was more of a juice so I thickened it with a little cornstarch. This is a keeper as the aroma was mouthwatering when I walked in the door after work!"
"It smelled wonderful when we walked into the house at the end of the day! And we found it quite tasty! I had used golden mushroom soup, and I liked the result. It did not seem too salty. We thought the sauce added a lot to the dinner, helping to moisten the chicken. I might not serve this to special guests but it's a great family dish."
"It was really easy to make and smelled great cooking, but really didn't have much flavor. I won't bother to make it again."
"I didn't think the sauce had much flavor."