- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, potatoes, onions and celery. Top with chicken.
- Combine the soup, water, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, pepper and salt; pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Breasts with Veggies
Sort By :
"Light sauce which i appreciated, but the chicken needs to be submerged in the sauce while cooking, and its a little plain. Good, but I would rather spend time trying new recipes instead of this one again."
"Great recipe. Next time I'll decrease the lemon just a bit."
"Very easy and you will have most of the ingredients on hand."
"good to cook"