For a hearty, comforting dish with a nice, subtle lemon flavor, try this delicious chicken dish. It has everything you need for a satisfying meal.—Amber Otis, Morris, Oklahoma
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, potatoes, onions and celery. Top with chicken.
- Combine the soup, water, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, pepper and salt; pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken Breasts with Veggies in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Breasts with Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review