Eight ingredients are all you need to put a beautiful dinner on the table tonight. Shredded carrots and baby spinach are very nutritious and a healthy part of this meal. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (0.9 ounce) hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large resealable bag, combine flour and lemon-pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- Prepare sauce mix according to package directions. Stir in lemon juice. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to pan, stirring to loosen brown bits. Add carrots and remaining butter; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add spinach; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve chicken with sauce and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken and Veggies in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken and Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2010
"I loved addition of spinach and carrots. This is a very healthy and delicious meal."