- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (0.9 ounce) hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large resealable bag, combine flour and lemon-pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- Prepare sauce mix according to package directions. Stir in lemon juice. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to pan, stirring to loosen brown bits. Add carrots and remaining butter; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add spinach; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve chicken with sauce and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken and Veggies in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken and Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2010
I loved addition of spinach and carrots. This is a very healthy and delicious meal.