Lemon Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and carrot in butter for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt if desired until smooth. Gradually add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and low-sodium broth and without salt) equals 235 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken and Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.