When buying your chicken for this soup, take it to the butcher counter and ask the butcher to cube it for you. It'll save you time in chopping! —Kristin Cherry, Bothell, Washington
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard, kale or spinach
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook and stir until browned. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Stir broth, vegetables, lemon slices, lemon juice, peel and pepper into chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in rice; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review