I originally tried this recipe because I love rice and chicken. I made a few changes to suit my tastes, and was pleased with how it looks and the short time needed to prepare it. —Lori Schlecht, Wimbledon, North Dakota
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion, carrot and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and meat juices run clear, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and broth; stir in lemon juice, peel, salt and rice. Add to skillet Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add broccoli and parsley. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review