- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the lemon juice, butter, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Chess Pie
"Gone so quick I did not even get a slice! A must for my family and easy peasy!"
"So easy to make! Even tastes especially good warm out of the oven (if you can't wait the 3 hours recommended for cooling!) We needed some extra cooking time, too - we found it took us almost 50 minutes for it to bake and set. (But it was worth the wait!)"
"This was awesome! The only change I'll make next time is to add a little lemon zest. Also, the baking time seemed off - either that, or my oven is WAY off temp - but I had to bake mine for almost 60 minutes."
"hannah this a wonderful recipe,it brings back memories of my grandma C's lemon chess pie...We miss her so much,please send more..."
"I'm so glad a lot of you like my recipe. :) It's been in my family a long, long time and it sure to be a hit no matter where or when you serve it :)"