- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the lemon juice, butter, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Chess Pie(9)
Sort By :
This was awesome! The only change I'll make next time is to add a little lemon zest. Also, the baking time seemed off - either that, or my oven is WAY off temp - but I had to bake mine for almost 60 minutes.
hannah this a wonderful recipe,it brings back memories of my grandma C's lemon chess pie...We miss her so much,please send more...
I'm so glad a lot of you like my recipe. :) It's been in my family a long, long time and it sure to be a hit no matter where or when you serve it :)
This pie was wonderful! It was full of flavor and not too sweet. I will make it again.
Love chess pie!! mmm