Lemon Chess Pie
This creamy, lemony pie cuts beautifully and has a smooth texture. It’s one of my favorites. —Hannah LaRue Rider, East Point, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a 9-in. pie
- plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat
- for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat
- in the lemon juice, butter, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack
- for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 482 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.