This creamy, lemony pie cuts beautifully and has a smooth texture. It’s one of my favorites. —Hannah LaRue Rider, East Point, Kentucky
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the lemon juice, butter, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chess Pie in Country August/September 2008, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Chess Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review