- Place the flour, coconut and salt in a food processor; process until
- blended. Add butter; pulse until mixture is the size of peas. While
- pulsing, add just enough ice water to form moist crumbs. Shape dough
- into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle;
- transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of
- plate; flute edge. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of
- foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice.
- Bake at 400° on a lower oven rack for 8 minutes. Remove foil and
- weights; bake 6-9 minutes longer or until crust is light brown. Cool
- on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, lemon juice,
- cornmeal, lemon peel, salt and nutmeg. Gradually whisk in butter.
- Pour into crust. Cover edge with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 3 hours or until chilled.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook
- until syrup is reduced to 1/4 cup; transfer to a small bowl. Cool
- completely. Just before serving, stir in berries and lemon juice;
- serve with pie. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now