Lemon Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, oats and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Carefully spoon over jam.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
1 each: 262 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Cheesecake Squares
"I made this for a baby shower and everyone loved it. The oatmeal crust tasted kind of plain while making it so I added a 1/4 tsp. of vanilla to the mix & that help add a bit more flavor. I also am a huge lemon lover so I too added a little extra lemon juice as well as an additional 1/2 tsp. of lemon extract. I used strawberry jam since my friend is not a big fan of raspberry. This turned out very well all the way thru thick and creamy. As a garnish I used fresh sliced strawberries & mint leaves. It looked as good as it tasted. Thank you for this great recipe."
"Was very easy to make. I really like the flavor of lemon, so I added about another 1/8 of a cup of lemon juice. Plus 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract."
"Delicious! A great crust, and nice lemon flavor. The jam is perfect in these squares and I wouldn't hesitate to increase the amount of it a little."
"It was easy to make and very flavorful."
"Oatmeal crust a nice change of pace too."
"Added a thicker layer of jam; turned out wonderfully. Great with blueberry preserves as well. Delicious!"
"Delicious!!! Will definitely be making these again! Agree with the other reviewer about using 2/3 cup raspberry jam, it turned out great!"
"Delicious!!! Will definitely be making these again!"
"I was thrilled the first time I made these bars when my husband said that they were pretty good! I love lemon flavor, but he usually doesn't care for it. These bars are the exception. Besides the wonderful not-too-strong lemon flavor, these also have a wonderful creamy consistency. The layer of jam is a nice touch, which you can increase to 2/3 cup if desired."
"Even better with a layer of the jam on top of the cheesecake as well."
"Yum, I love Cheesecake and Lemon!Brenda"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.