Lemon Cheesecake Pies Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 graham cracker crusts (9 inches)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. Pour milk into a large metal bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Add cream cheese and lemon juice; beat until blended. Set aside.
- 3. Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar. Beat in gelatin mixture. Pour into crusts.
- 4. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over pies. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 4 pies (8 slices each).
1 piece: 214 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Cheesecake Pies
"I made this with lime gelatin rather than lemon because that's what I already had in my pantry. This is like chiffon. I was hoping for a denser, cheesecake-like dessert. I used homemade graham cracker crumb crusts, and the filling was enough to generously fill two deep dish pie plates. It was okay, but I won't make this again."
"The texture is nothing like a true cheesecake. It was more like a mousse texture than a cheesecake texture. It is a good spring dessert, just not what I was expecting by the title. Tasted best served with fresh strawberries."
"This is the first-ever cheesecake I've made. I love cheesecake, but always thought it was more complicated to make. This was easy and delicious. I used cinnamon grahams on top."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.