Lemon Cheesecake Dessert
Looking for a refreshing change from heavy desserts? Peggy Key from Grant, Alabama shares these light citrus squares that are not too tart and not too sweet. "Paired with pecans, the lemon juice turns these cheesecake treats into bars of gold." she writes.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and sugar. Add butter;
- mix well. Set aside 1/2 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into
- a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 8
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add
- the milk, eggs and lemon juice; beat until smooth. Spoon over crust.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire
- rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 192 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.