Looking for a refreshing change from heavy desserts? Peggy Key from Grant, Alabama shares these light citrus squares that are not too tart and not too sweet. "Paired with pecans, the lemon juice turns these cheesecake treats into bars of gold." she writes.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and sugar. Add butter; mix well. Set aside 1/2 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the milk, eggs and lemon juice; beat until smooth. Spoon over crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Cheesecake Dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p10
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cheesecake Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review