Lemon Cheese Squares Recipe
- 1/3 cup stick margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. In a bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar. Combine the flour, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture. Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. For filling, place the cottage cheese, egg, egg white and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Add the sugar, flour, lemon peel and baking powder; cover and process until blended. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-34 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 264 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Lemon Cheese Squares
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.