- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat all the filling ingredients until
- fluffy; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a
- 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Place on a greased baking sheet. Spread
- filling down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut
- 1-in.-wide strips, 3-in. into center. Starting at one end, fold
- alternating strips at an angle across filling. Seal end. Cover and
- let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to
- achieve drizzling consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 12-14
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 284 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.