Lemon Cheese Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, one egg and oil until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, extract and remaining egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 134 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Cheese Bars
"It was simple and good, but it needs more lemon flavor and cream cheese."
"My family liked this recipe, but I think it might be better with the cream cheese layer doubled."
"A good starter recipe, but if you want it more lemony, add some zested lemon peel and lemon juice.~ Theresa"
"That looks really good. Here's another that I've gotten off this board. Delicious.Sue"
"I struggled with this recipe. I baked it in a darker pan so it over cooked. I also felt like it needs more cream cheese and more lemon. I will make it again with some modifications"