Lemon Cheese Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, one egg and oil until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, extract and remaining egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cheese Bars(5)
Sort By :
My family liked this recipe, but I think it might be better with the cream cheese layer doubled.
A good starter recipe, but if you want it more lemony, add some zested lemon peel and lemon juice.
This is so easy, and works so well. I have modified the type of cake mix and the flavoring, and it always turns out great. It's been a big hit at potlucks, too. Try chocolate cake mix with mint flavoring, or cherry cakemix with almond flavoring, or make up your own.
That looks really good. Here's another that I've gotten off this board. Delicious.
Lusious Lemon Bars
1 box Lemon cake mix
1 stick of softened butter
Mix and press into 9x13 pan
8 oz. cream cheese,
1 lb. powdered sugar (3 1/2 cups)
Pour on top of cake mixture. Bake at 350Âº for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled.
This is tried and true and everyone who eats them comments on how good these lemon bars are.
I struggled with this recipe. I baked it in a darker pan so it over cooked. I also felt like it needs more cream cheese and more lemon. I will make it again with some modifications