Bernice Larsen of Gretna, Nebraska notes, "Ever since I found this recipe in a newspaper, it's become a side dish staple at my house. It's colorful and tasty--and special enough to serve to company.
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3-inch julienne strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 small rutabaga (10 ounces), peeled and cut into 3-inch julienne strips (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, combine the carrots, rutabaga and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 13-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Drain vegetables; add butter mixture. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are glazed, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Carrots and Rutabaga in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p21
Reviews for Lemon Carrots and Rutabaga
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review