Lemon Carrots and Rutabaga Recipe
Bernice Larsen of Gretna, Nebraska notes, "Ever since I found this recipe in a newspaper, it's become a side dish staple at my house. It's colorful and tasty--and special enough to serve to company.
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3-inch julienne strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 small rutabaga (10 ounces), peeled and cut into 3-inch julienne strips (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, combine the carrots, rutabaga and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 13-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Drain vegetables; add butter mixture. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are glazed, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Carrots and Rutabaga in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p21
Reviews for Lemon Carrots and Rutabaga(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2008
I made this dish for Mother's Day and it was a huge success. It has been years since I had rutabaga's and the combination of carrots, lemon and dill made it wonderful. As my future mother-in-law said, "this is a keeper"!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >