Lemon Carrot Bread Recipe
Lemon and carrot flavors combine for a unique flavor sensation in this moist quick bread. I know it's a winner because I bring a loaf to our church festival every year, and I always get requests to bake it again.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the carrots, pecans and lemon peel.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 181 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC