Lemon and carrot flavors combine for a unique flavor sensation in this moist quick bread. I know it's a winner because I bring a loaf to our church festival every year, and I always get requests to bake it again.
Recommended: 23 Recipes Made in a Bundt Pan
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the carrots, pecans and lemon peel.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Lemon Carrot Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p35
Reviews for Lemon Carrot Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review