Lemon and carrot flavors combine for a unique flavor sensation in this moist quick bread. I know it's a winner because I bring a loaf to our church festival every year, and I always get requests to bake it again.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the carrots, pecans and lemon peel.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Lemon Carrot Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p35
Reviews for Lemon Carrot Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2012
"Wow!! Talk about easy and delish! I used mini loaf pans and gave them away as Christmas gifts. Everyone raved. A winner!"