Lemon-Caper Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. Flatten pork slices to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in butter and oil in batches until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add the broth, wine and garlic to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the capers, lemon juice and rosemary; heat through. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
3 slices pork with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 232 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.