Lemon-Caper Baked Cod
Vacation on a plate is the only way to describe this buttery and flaky Lemon-Caper Baked Cod. —Carolyn Schmeling, Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice,
- garlic pepper and lemon peel. Microwave, uncovered, on high for
- 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in capers.
- Place cod in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with
- seafood seasoning. Spoon butter mixture over fillets. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.