Lemon-Caper Baked Cod Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic pepper and lemon peel. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in capers.
- 2. Place cod in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Spoon butter mixture over fillets. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Caper Baked Cod
"We love this recipe! It is easy to prepare and very flavorful...a stand by recipe in my kitchen and so easy when using frozen cod."
"We enjoyed this and my man usually does not like fish. However, we did not care for the Greek Green Bean Medley. They were too oily."
"This recipe is absolutely delicious! I made it with Cod the first time and we enjoyed it so much, I made it the next night with Haddock. Both were delicious. We really enjoyed it. I made the Greek Green Bean Medley to go with it which was also delicous!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.